Friday, January 9, 2009

Cam Reid to Westside?




(Cam Reid)

Victoria's CFAX1070 apparently reported that young forward Cam Reid is on his way from Victoria to Westside. I heard that one before as well. Not sure if the futures will be a player this year or cash or a player in the future. There are rumours of it being more complicated, but I''ve heard nothing else officially. Have to catch a bus for now. More before tonight's game.

EDIT: The BCHL message board is speculating that this deal is a three way involving Quesnel as well. I called the Millionaires and they say there is no official deal done. That doesn't mean the rumour isn't true, it just means don't assume anything yet.

SECOND EDIT: The trade is official with Howe going from Westside to Victoria and from Victoria to Quesnel for futures. What could those futures be? Hmmm. Also, the Salmon Arm/Burnaby trade is official. Vandenberg to the Silverbacks for futures. I wonder if he'll come back to haunt the Vees? That's the fun of trade deadline season! I think he'll look great on a line with Cseter. I'm sure more to come.

No comments: