Move down a couple of posts and there's a comment from a UAA blogger who will be a good source for anyone looking to follow August Aiken's career there starting next season. He sounds enthusiastic to hear about Aiken's speed. Just wait until he sees the kind of dangles August can pull too.
Today we had Coach Ingram on to talk about the other four players he hadn't discussed with us yet. Here's the audio:
- Jim Ingram on Jeff Zmurchyk
- Jim Ingram on CJ Legassic
- Jim Ingram on JF Boisvert
- Jim Ingram on Riley Loyst
Quickly, after a brutal 4 for 8 in the first round here are my playoff predictions.
- Montreal over Philadelphia in 6 (Habs have too much speed for the Flyers)
- Pittsburgh over NYR in 6 (I liked the Rangers until I saw how much of a changed team the Pens are in that first round series with Ottawa. They can play playoff style and win)
- San Jose over Dallas in 7 (I always underestimate Dallas so I'm saying it'll go seven when I really feel like it'll be 5)
- Colorado over Detroit (I'm not confident in the Red Wings goaltending and I think Colorado has more money guys)
I'd love to be wrong about Detroit and the Rangers so that the two local connections to the playoffs can carry on. Good luck to Tom Renney of the Rangers and Dallas Drake of the Wings. I'm also disappointed to hear that Trail's Steve Tambellini didn't get the General Manager's job in Vancouver. He deserves to run his own team sooner rather than later.