Thursday, April 24, 2008

Ingram on Recruits

Nothing new to report today. I'm sure we'll have news all summer long, but this was a bit of a run on stuff here. I still have unaired player interviews to run for next week as a result of how much stuff has come out at once. I suspect there will be more slow times like the month here where I essentially wrote nothing.

Move down a couple of posts and there's a comment from a UAA blogger who will be a good source for anyone looking to follow August Aiken's career there starting next season. He sounds enthusiastic to hear about Aiken's speed. Just wait until he sees the kind of dangles August can pull too.

Today we had Coach Ingram on to talk about the other four players he hadn't discussed with us yet. Here's the audio:

Quickly, after a brutal 4 for 8 in the first round here are my playoff predictions.

  • Montreal over Philadelphia in 6 (Habs have too much speed for the Flyers)
  • Pittsburgh over NYR in 6 (I liked the Rangers until I saw how much of a changed team the Pens are in that first round series with Ottawa. They can play playoff style and win)
  • San Jose over Dallas in 7 (I always underestimate Dallas so I'm saying it'll go seven when I really feel like it'll be 5)
  • Colorado over Detroit (I'm not confident in the Red Wings goaltending and I think Colorado has more money guys)

I'd love to be wrong about Detroit and the Rangers so that the two local connections to the playoffs can carry on. Good luck to Tom Renney of the Rangers and Dallas Drake of the Wings. I'm also disappointed to hear that Trail's Steve Tambellini didn't get the General Manager's job in Vancouver. He deserves to run his own team sooner rather than later.

No comments: