Friday, March 27, 2009

Leafs Win KIJHL Championship


(Photo by J.R. Ross)

The Nelson Leafs won the KIJHL Championship last night. They swept Kamloops and lost only a single game in the entire playoffs. Congratulations to former Smoke Eaters Miles Houston, Brock Monroe and Scott Jago for being part of the victorious club. It's a classy organization that deserves all their success. I had a blast calling games 3 and 4 on Mountain FM, and they made me feel very welcome. I could talk hockey with all the guys there for hours on end. Several of the Leafs were APs with the Smokies this year and perhaps we'll see some of them in the orange and black next season. Again my congrats to Simon Wheeldon and company for a terrific achievement. Next up for the Leafs is the Cyclone Taylor against Richmond, Abbotsford and Jadon Porterfield's old Oceanside squad. I wonder if Porterfield and former Leaf Riley Loyst will be chirping each other a little bit while this goes on.

Good luck, Leafs! They'll be holding a parade on Saturday starting at 2:45pm at the Nelson Community Complex.

Here's some more photos sent to me by JR Ross. Thanks JR!


No comments: