Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Sick

It's been going around. For the past week the Trail Smoke Eaters have been battling some sickness on the roster. It certainly impacted their play against Penticton on the weekend. I've also heard that the Beaver Valley Nitehawks are dealing with it as well. On top of that, I'm sick now too.

When I'm sick like this I find it hard to muster up enough energy to get out of my chair. I find it hard to muster up enough energy to make a phone call. Play hockey? Forget it. Credit to the Smoke Eaters and Nitehawks for gutting it out while sick. It's a battle for me to even call a game let alone play one.

Tonight it's the Smokies and the Vipers. Every game between the two teams (except the last one) has been very entertaining. Both games here in Vernon have gone to overtime. I'm hoping for another exciting one here tonight.

Smokies need to shoot a lot more pucks tonight. Having been shut out two games in a row you know they are going to be gripping the sticks a little tight. Lets hope they can overcome that and score a much needed early goal. An early one would lift them up and get them going.

Tonight is also the return of Chris Crowell to the Vernon lineup after his elbow that knocked out Smokies D Ryan Hill. Hill is still out but Crowell's five game suspension is up. Will that lead to fireworks in tonight's game? I doubt it. The Smokies are down to 11 forwards and 5 D so they can't really afford any suspensions here. We'll see what happens.

Also tonight is the return of Stefan Decosse from his most recent injury. Here's hoping that's the last game he misses this year. It's been bad luck for Decosse so far this year, and Trail could really use his offensive touch.

Tune in to the game tonight on Mountain FM!

No comments: